First Post

I've always been interested in the unreal. Growing up, I was watching a ton of shows like Ben10, Dragon Ball, and Danny Phantom where a character is given some sort of super power. Watching these shows inspired me to start creating stories, so I began drawing my own characters, each with their own unique abilities and back story.

It's been my goal since to create an animation where I can use these characters and bring them to life.

A type of theme that constantly shows up in my work I find to be is light vs. dark. It's so interesting to me. I like it because in this theme, there is a conflict. A conflict between two bodies where both sides seem to be completely equal. Take the Yin Yang for example. You have the small amount of good in the bad; and the small amount of bad in the good. Take them together and you got life.

Another theme I enjoy is the representation of battle scenes. They always have viewers on the edge of their seats because of the amount of action in them. Many movies today like Star Wars, Captain America: Civil War, and X-Men use these fight scenes to keep viewers tuned in. Something about a fight in a movie, especially between characters who have some sort of supernatural ability, is just fun to watch. It's also very fun to draw. I plan to incorporate some representations of fight scenes in my project. Not only will it look cool, but it will also get me used to moving my characters. Soo... Woo! :)

I hope to use this theme in particular in my animation this year to help not only give my characters meaning, but also a purpose. I also hope that this year goes well and hopefully I can enter the district arts festival (If I have enough work to show ha). I'm Amjad L'amchaouri, and this is my first post.

Comments