Weekly Blog Post: Hayao Miyazaki

This year I stated that I plan on making a 2D animation that would bring the characters that I've made to life. I've been looking at works from other 2D animators to get an idea on how things move. I've had exposure in the past dedicated to studying simply the way things move in my 3D animation class, but now it's time to focus on the 2 dimensional side of things. One animator I've became interested in is a man by the name of Hayao Miyazaki. He is famous and well known for his fantastic fantasy-like movies. After his first original, "Spirited Away", he created Studio Ghibli. It was practically an animation farm dedicated for animation.


Studio Ghibli was well known not only for telling good stories, no. But it was most well known for its animation quality and allowing characters to move smoothly. This is what I am interested in. In order to study the movement of characters and other objects, I decided to look to one of the movies with the most action. Which was a movie called "Princess Monanoke".


There was a lot more action in this movie which featured on a main character who was trying to attempt to find peace between humans and animals. I will continue to study these animation techniques for the remainder of the week until I have a better understanding of how not only characters move, but how the character affects the movement.



Comments