End of Marking Period 2

It's almost halfway through the year, which means I'm halfway done with my project. I started the year knowing what I wanted to do, but didn't know how I wanted it to be done. I had the skills and practice but now I just needed an idea. As my investigations went on, I began to know what I wanted to do. At first I didn't even have a name for my project, but I decided to name the short animated film "Impulse"

I presented the idea to my brother and we immediately started designing characters.


At first the animation was supposed to be a conflict between a dragon and his human friend. However the dragon's design kept changing and changing. In the mean time, Zeal (left) changed not very much.



We decided to make Zeal have the conflict against another human so things could be simple but no matter what design it was, we decided that if there was to be a conflict, the two should have little, to nothing in common. Not even race.


After much designing, we finally found a perfect character.

This character that we named Bb was created. He had a very heroic look to him so we decided to make him the Hero and Zeal the villian. So we changed how zeal looked by altering his hair color to red and gave him a new hairstyle.

Before we began the animation we decided to have one final practice round.



This next animation is a little sneak peak of the short film "Impulse". Keep in mind that i still have many things i have to add, like a background, more pixels, and frames so even this scene isn't exactly "perfect" but it's still progress. I decided to show this scene because it's the only scene I have where the character's colors and shape are completely done. No voices have been added yet, but down below is the cast and all of their roles.

Cast:

Amjad L'amchaouri: Main animator and designer / Voice of Zeal

Luke Tiday: Voice of Bb

Adam L'amchaouri: Shading and Effects / Voice of Rebel



We plan to use the practice we've been doing in our previous silly animations in order to make one really good animation in the end. I hope Impulse turns out really well, and the only way that will happen in the world of animation is to put in the practice and then with practice to put in the time.

Comments